Stellenbörse Kunstgeschichte / Kunstwissenschaft
Institution / Firma:
Studio Tomás Saraceno GmbH
Vollzeit, Künstlerbetreuung / Atelier
„Registrar Job Application“
Bachelor / Diplom (FH)
Evelyn Murphy, Tel.: 030 3039881182
Berlin based Studio Tomás Saraceno, an international practice merging art, architecture and scientificrelated fields, is currently seeking a
Registrar (full time)
to join the renowned artist’s team.
- Managing international transportation and customs procedures;
- Preparing works for shipping; Writing of condition reports; paperwork for loan contracts including insurance arrangements if needed;
- Communication with shippers, art handlers, suppliers, storage handlers and customs officers;
- Liaison with museum’s and gallery’s registrars;
- Supervising shipping calendar; keeping track of exhibition schedules;
- Meetings with other personnel to develop and initiate most practical methods of packing and shipping fragile or valuable objects;
- Supervising movement of artworks from and to the storage of the studio to ensure proper handling;
- carrying out and overseeing of packing for shipment, and loading into the shipping vehicle;
- ensuring compliance with insurance regulations and determining that damage or deterioration to objects has not occurred;
- Managing, up keeping and tracking the studio’s art inventory with the Artbutler database;
- Maintains records of storage, exhibit, and loan locations of all objects in collection for use of the team, insurance representatives, and other persons utilizing facilities.
- Knowledge in international fine art shipping and international customs procedures;
- Degree in museum management, art history major, arts major, or studio arts major is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Artbutler database
- Excellent German and English in oral and written communication;
- Flexible and committed attitude to work. Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative;
- Excellent time management skills. An ability to set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently and work independently;
- Good knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Hands on attitude;
- Interest in art and architecture.
If you are interested in this role please send us a CV, a cover letter and your salary expectations (.pdf) to jobs(at)t-saraceno.org stating „Registrar Job Application“ on the subject heading.